Eid: Amman's markets to extend opening hours
The Greater Amman Municipality will allow vendors at Abdali’s Friday market to display their goods on Wednesday and Thursday this week in anticipation of Eid Al Adha, a GAM official said on Saturday.
Abdullah Harasis, director of GAM’s marketing department, said that the municipality wanted to allow shoppers to take advantage of the popular open-air market before the holiday begins on Friday.
The market will also be open on Friday, Harasis said, but most vendors will not work as they will be busy celebrating the Eid, so the additional days are also meant to give them a chance to make up for the business they will lose.
Vendors at the Friday market, which first opened in 1988 and draws thousands of visitors each week, sell second-hand clothing and shoes in addition to vegetables and fruits.
Meanwhile, as part of its Eid Al Adha preparations, the municipality has carried out maintenance work on all its parks in preparation for receiving a large number of visitors during the five-day holiday, Nebal Qattan, the director of GAM’s public parks department, said in a statement sent to The Jordan Times.
The maintenance work included cleaning, renovating playgrounds and increasing the number of employees working at the parks.
- Fun, magic & entertainment all in one? Welcome to Abu Dhabi's star-studded EidFest!
- His Highness Sheikh Mohammed extends ‘Eid in Dubai’ celebrations to two weeks; malls to be open 24 hours
- Five-Day Eid Al Adha Holiday for Public Sector
- Al Abdali Popular Market Resumes Work Next Friday
- GAM Shifts during Eid Al-Fitr Holiday