Eid: Amman's markets to extend opening hours
The Greater Amman Municipality is to extend opening hours for the Abdali market for Eid al Adha
Click here to add Abdullah Harasis as an alert
Disable alert for Abdullah Harasis,
Click here to add Al Adha as an alert
Disable alert for Al Adha,
Click here to add Eid al Adha as an alert
Disable alert for Eid al Adha,
Click here to add Nebal Qattan as an alert
Disable alert for Nebal Qattan,
Click here to add The Jordan Times as an alert
Disable alert for The Jordan Times
The Greater Amman Municipality will allow vendors at Abdali’s Friday market to display their goods on Wednesday and Thursday this week in anticipation of Eid Al Adha, a GAM official said on Saturday.
Abdullah Harasis, director of GAM’s marketing department, said that the municipality wanted to allow shoppers to take advantage of the popular open-air market before the holiday begins on Friday.
The market will also be open on Friday, Harasis said, but most vendors will not work as they will be busy celebrating the Eid, so the additional days are also meant to give them a chance to make up for the business they will lose.
Vendors at the Friday market, which first opened in 1988 and draws thousands of visitors each week, sell second-hand clothing and shoes in addition to vegetables and fruits.
Meanwhile, as part of its Eid Al Adha preparations, the municipality has carried out maintenance work on all its parks in preparation for receiving a large number of visitors during the five-day holiday, Nebal Qattan, the director of GAM’s public parks department, said in a statement sent to The Jordan Times.
The maintenance work included cleaning, renovating playgrounds and increasing the number of employees working at the parks.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- Fun, magic & entertainment all in one? Welcome to Abu Dhabi's star-studded EidFest!
- His Highness Sheikh Mohammed extends ‘Eid in Dubai’ celebrations to two weeks; malls to be open 24 hours
- Five-Day Eid Al Adha Holiday for Public Sector
- Al Abdali Popular Market Resumes Work Next Friday
- GAM Shifts during Eid Al-Fitr Holiday