Egypt's stock surge after Eid break
Egyptian stocks surging
The benchmark EGX30 is up 1.71 per cent at 5,892 points just over two hours into Monday's session. The broader-based EGX70 is up a milder 0.92 per cent.
Telecoms giant OTMT and Egypt's largest-listed firm Orascom Construction Industries are seeing some of the heaviest trade, up 1.61 and 2.5 per cent, respectively.
Dairy and juice producer Juhayna is leading the pack, rocketing 8.5 per cent.
From the around 150 stocks being traded, over 110 are making gains.
- Shoura Council: Expats cannot buy property in Mecca, Medina, Riyadh
- Tensions increase between Egypt, Italy over renewable energy projects
- In wake of failed coup, Turkey shuts down all Gulen-linked businesses
- Saudis, Jordanians top the list of Arab property buyers in Dubai
- Mandatory health insurance required for Dubai residents