Egypt's stock surge after Eid break
Egyptian stocks surging
The benchmark EGX30 is up 1.71 per cent at 5,892 points just over two hours into Monday's session. The broader-based EGX70 is up a milder 0.92 per cent.
Telecoms giant OTMT and Egypt's largest-listed firm Orascom Construction Industries are seeing some of the heaviest trade, up 1.61 and 2.5 per cent, respectively.
Dairy and juice producer Juhayna is leading the pack, rocketing 8.5 per cent.
From the around 150 stocks being traded, over 110 are making gains.
- Why empowering women is good for business
- Does Iran really need the Geneva deal to save its economy? Maybe something else is needed....
- Iraq's other war: the gruesome fight against corruption and bureaucracy
- Is the GCC-US business driven "marriage of convenience" about to be over?
- The not-so-glamourous side of the Western expat's life in Dubai