Egypt's stock surge after Eid break
Egyptian stocks surging
The benchmark EGX30 is up 1.71 per cent at 5,892 points just over two hours into Monday's session. The broader-based EGX70 is up a milder 0.92 per cent.
Telecoms giant OTMT and Egypt's largest-listed firm Orascom Construction Industries are seeing some of the heaviest trade, up 1.61 and 2.5 per cent, respectively.
Dairy and juice producer Juhayna is leading the pack, rocketing 8.5 per cent.
From the around 150 stocks being traded, over 110 are making gains.
- Hiking stocks an early sign of coming hyperinflation - expert
- Trade between 18 Arab countries hikes to $2.1 trillion - IMF
- Sukuk is coming of age as a borrowing, investing instrument
- GCC states should look into investing in green economy
- Abundance of extractive resources drives Africa's economic growth: World Bank