Egypt's stock surge after Eid break
Egyptian stocks surging
The benchmark EGX30 is up 1.71 per cent at 5,892 points just over two hours into Monday's session. The broader-based EGX70 is up a milder 0.92 per cent.
Telecoms giant OTMT and Egypt's largest-listed firm Orascom Construction Industries are seeing some of the heaviest trade, up 1.61 and 2.5 per cent, respectively.
Dairy and juice producer Juhayna is leading the pack, rocketing 8.5 per cent.
From the around 150 stocks being traded, over 110 are making gains.
- Forbes Middle East reveals the region's 200 most powerful women
- Presidential vacuum, Syrian crisis leaves Lebanon's business leaders more than worried
- Oil wells, taxes, and scare tactics: how the IS has been making money all this time
- Business marries politics, again: are Erdogan-allied businesses getting away with more?
- Time to invest closer to home? Why the GCC countries are urged to pump their money into an Arab 'Marshal Plan'