Egypt's stock surge after Eid break
Egyptian stocks surging
The benchmark EGX30 is up 1.71 per cent at 5,892 points just over two hours into Monday's session. The broader-based EGX70 is up a milder 0.92 per cent.
Telecoms giant OTMT and Egypt's largest-listed firm Orascom Construction Industries are seeing some of the heaviest trade, up 1.61 and 2.5 per cent, respectively.
Dairy and juice producer Juhayna is leading the pack, rocketing 8.5 per cent.
From the around 150 stocks being traded, over 110 are making gains.
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue