Eight dead, 20 wounded in bus explosion in northern Israel
A large number of casualties was reported this morning in a bus explosion in Israel’s north. At 08:45 am, a bomb detonated on an Egged bus, traveling from Haifa to Safed. The Izz Al-Din Al-Qassam Brigades took responsibility for the explosionin a . They stated that a suicide bomber carried out the deadly attack.
At least eight were reported dead and 20 injured in the blast, which tore the front end of the bus. Many of the passengers were soldiers headed for their army bases up north. Eyewitnesses told Israel’s Army Radio that the blast tore off the vehicle’s top.
Rescue teams were operating at the scene less than 10 minutes of the blast, evicting the hurt to three hospitals in nearby Safed, Tiberius and Haifa. Police forces have blocked off traffic at all nearby junctions.
The Palestinian cabinet secretary-general, Ahmad Abd-al-Rahman stated that while the Israeli army kills Palestinian civilians in the occupied territories it is expected that a Palestinian would detonate a suicide bomb. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Eight dead, 20 wounded in bus explosion in northern Israel
- Bus explodes in Northern Israel, large number of casualties
- Suicide bomber strikes Israeli bus – at least nine dead, dozens wounded. Hamas claims responsibility
- At least 16 dead in Jerusalem bus attack as Israeli raid kills eight Palestinians in Gaza
- PA condemns shooting attack in northern Israel: At least six people killed, two attackers shot dead