EIM and E-Vision join to expand high speed Internet network
High speed Internet is soon to be offered to home users in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) over Etisalat's cable network, following a partnership announced today between Emirates Internet and Multimedia, the ISP division of Etisalat, and E-Vision, the UAE's only digital cable TV provider.
Al Shamil Cable service, expected to be available before 2003, will dramatically increase the number of domestic customers in the UAE who will have access to a high-speed connection while enjoying the variety of home entertainment channels provided by E-Vision.
Al Shamil Cable will utilize Etisalat's Hybrid Fiber Coaxial cable infrastructure, which is presently used to deliver E-Vision's digital cable television services. It will complement the existing DSL infrastructure, which currently delivers high-speed Internet access to homes over copper telephone lines.
According to the partnership, E-Vision will be the exclusive distributor of Al Shamil Cable. Subscribers will be able to sign up for the service at E-Vision's sales outlets or at any of Etisalat's sales counters.
E-Vision comprises over 110 high quality channels, including movies, sports, news and entertainment, that cater to the needs of the diverse population of the UAE. E-Vision is currently available in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- EIM launches Al-Shamil high-speed Internet over cable network
- EIM launches Preferred Reseller Program for its BusinessOne service
- D-Link Introduces PowerLine AV Wireless N Extender to Transform Home Electrical Wiring Into High-Speed Network
- Nokia Siemens Networks to expand broadband access to 25,000 villages for Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited in India
- Surf's up in Lebanon: Internet speeds increase dramatically