Electric Fuel Battery earns ISO 9001 certification
Arotech Corporation’s Electric Fuel Battery subsidiary has gained accreditation to ISO 9001:2000, the customer focused international quality standard recognized all over the world.
Electric Fuel facilities in Auburn, Alabama and Bet Shemesh, Israel, recently underwent a comprehensive audit by Det Norske Veritas (DNV) to verify its quality management system was in compliance with ISO 9001:2000.
DNV evaluated how the company guarantees product quality throughout the product and business cycle. During the quality system upgrade process, the management team involved employees at all levels of the organization.
Electric Fuel is currently the sole supplier of BA-8180/U zinc-air batteries to the US Army's Communications and Electronics Command (CECOM). The BA-8180/U is a 12/24 Volt, 800 Watt-hour non-rechargeable battery pack, approximately the size and weight of a notebook computer.
In extensive field-testing, the BA-8180/U battery typically provided four to six times the run time of a BA-5590, a primary lithium battery pack widely used in the military. Zinc-air batteries are also safer and more environmentally friendly than lithium batteries. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- ENOC’s AutoPro to showcase service portfolio at Automechanika Middle East
- L&T-Komatsu PC130-7 Hydraulic Excavator launched
- UAE Exchange voted UAE 'Superbrand', for the fifth consecutive year
- Online Gaming sees the light for the 1st time in EGYPT & the Middle East Through LINKdotNET - BOOMTOWN Partnership
- Jordan Bromine Company earns Quality Management Certification