Electricity, water and fuel to become more expensive in Algeria
Government sources have admitted that the prices of basic utilities such as electricity, water and fuel will have to rise in 2005. This is partly due to the proposed privatization of many of these utilities and a new law on hydrocarbons, according to the Algerian news source, <i>Algerie Liberte</i>.
This is part of the reason why the proposed privatization plans are unpopular in Algeria. The government is pressing ahead to increase the efficiency of basic industries and also to attract foreign investment which is hoped will boost infrastructure in the country and allow for greater economic development.
- Dubai Electricity and Water Authority Celebrates World Environment Day and Lends Support to the Green Ribbon Campaign
- Qatar General Electricity & Water Corporation, BARWA, Qatari Diar Research Institute sign MOU on Provision of Sustainability Development
- How is that even an option? Lebanon shuts down electricity power plant to limit losses
- Water prices in Algeria expected to rise
- Coming soon: Hydrogen cars!