Emaar acquires major educational group
In a move to gain educational sector projects, real estate major Emaar Properties recently announced that it had acquired Singapore-based Raffles Campus Pte Ltd., (Raffles Campus) a premier education provider, through its wholly-owned subsidiary Emaar Education.
Emaar plans to develop these educational institutions in the UAE, the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region as well as the Indian Subcontinent, according to Khaleej Times. Most are expected to be in or close to the company’s many master planned communities.
"Emaar's foray into the education sector is in line with the company's Vision 2010 of becoming one of the world's most valuable companies," said Emaar Chairman, Mohamed Ali Alabbar.
"Emaar's initiatives in this respect will be focused on providing world-class standards of education through a bouquet of need-based curricula that are internationally benchmarked. The acquisition of Raffles Campus underscores Emaar's commitment to delivering international teaching expertise across all our educational institutions, as a response to the growing demand for world-class education in our key markets," Alabbar added.
The Raffles Campus educational group has campuses in Singapore, Indonesia, Hong Kong, China and Vietnam, as well as plans to manage over 100 educational institutes.
- Emaar acquires Singapore-based ‘Raffles Campus’ to provide world-class education
- Emaar’s education arm receives preliminary approval to build 44,00sqm campus
- Emaar Education to open first international school in Singapore
- Emaar Education campuses to offer TAFE programmes by Australia’s Box Hill Institute
- Emaar Education to open hospitality training school in Dubai in September