Emaar chief denies bid to buy Jewish settlements
Mohammed Ali Alabbar, Chairman of Emaar Properties has that what had been reported by the media on his recent visit to Israel and the alleged offer to purchase the Jewish settlements in the Gaza Strip “is inaccurate.”
He denied meeting the Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and said: “I am firm on the position that these settlements are built on Palestinian lands. Hence, buying or selling them would be in contradiction with international law."
- Emaar ready to pay for Gaza Strip settlements
- Israeli government approves $20 million for Jewish settlements in West Bank
- Israel population nears 6.5 million, settlements included
- Israeli prime minister supports Rules of Origin policy for Europe-bound exports
- Palestinian prime minister linked to sale of concrete for Israeli separation wall