Emaar EC awards SAR 120 million contract to construct education centre in KAEC
Emaar, The Economic City (Emaar.E.C), the Tadawul-listed company developing King Abdullah Economic City (KAEC), has awarded Freyssinet Saudi Arabia a SAR 120M contract for the construction of the mega-project’s first school – within the Esmeralda District in KAEC.
Mr. Fahd Bin Abdul Mohsen Al-Rasheed, Board Member and Chief Executive Officer, Emaar.E.C and Mr. Amjad Demashqyah, Managing Director, Freyssinet Saudi Arabia, recently signed the contract in Jeddah for the state of the art school spanning 16,928 sq m, to be built to the international standards of world-renowned KAEC. The first phase of the school is scheduled for completion in August 2009 to meet with the new school year and will accommodate up to 1000 students of different grades.
“The Letter of Acceptance (LOA) has been issued for the Design & Build Contract to Freyssinet Saudi Arabia”, said Mr Fahad Al Rasheed CEO of Emaar E.C. “The world class school, at a prime location near the Esmeralda Mall and Community Centre, shall be constructed on a fast-track project basis. The concrete works are well under way to meet with the completion, in time for the inauguration of city and school year”.
'Freyssinet Saudi Arabia is once again honored to undertake the design and construction of another key aspect of King Abdullah Economic City”, said Mr. Amjad Demashqyah. “The School buildings will be iconic with inspirational and exciting spaces to meet the education requirements of its occupants.”
Located on the Red Sea coast, the 168 million sq m KAEC has six key zones: The Sea Port, Industrial Zone, Central Business District, Educational Zone, Resort Zone and Residential Communities. The first phase of the mega-project has been launched to overwhelming investor response.
- Emaar.E.C awards SR390 million contract to Freyssinet Saudi Arabia for second phase of Business Park in King Abdullah Economic City
- Emaar, The Economic City awards SR167 million contract to Nesma Holding Co. Ltd for infrastructure works within KAEC’s Resort Cove
- Emaar, The Economic City signs SR250 million contract with Huta Group
- Emaar.E.C awards SR1.4 billion contract to Saudi Bin Laden Group
- Emaar, The Economic City awards SR325 million contract to Al-Radwan for building 134 villas within KAEC