Emirates flight makes emergency landing in Kuwait over engine shutdown
An Emirates A380 flight traveling from New York JFK-to-Dubai was diverted to Kuwait on Saturday due to a “technical issue", an Emirates spokesperson said.
Reports suggest flight EK202 was forced to land in Kuwait after one of its engines shut down mid-flight.
While Emirates acknowledges the incident, the airline is refuting reports that passengers were delayed for nearly five hours.
“On arrival in Kuwait, passengers were transferred to a replacement A380 for the remainder of their journey, arriving in Dubai 2 hours and 37 minutes later than scheduled,” the Emirates spokesperson said.
- Officially: Emirates Airline Plane Makes Emergency Landing at Aden Airport Due to Engine Problem
- Emirates Refutes Press Report
- Saudi-bound planes make emergency landings in UAE following false hijack scare
- From palaces to engine-making: Morocco's stability is attracting billions in foreign investments
- Russian Airplane Lands at Baghdad Airport