Emirates Glass triples production capacity
Emirates Glass, a subsidiary of Glass LLC which is wholly owned by Dubai Investments PJSC, has installed a state-of-the-art coating line to meet increased global demand for energy-efficient architectural glass.
The move is part of an AED 160 million investment under phase 1 of the company’s expansion program.
With the installation of the multi-million dirham Terra-G sputter-coating line, the yearly capacity of Emirates Glass has tripled to more than 3.5 million square meters.
“The capacity expansion will enable Emirates Glass to capitalize more effectively on demand for energy-efficient architectural glass and emerge as a truly global player in the glass industry,” said Ziad Yazbeck, Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Glass LLC. “The move will allow us to diversify our position geographically and expand our market to more countries in the Middle East, Africa, Asia, and Europe.”
The new coating line is now operating as designed, producing cut-to-size and stock sheet post-temperable, high-performance coated glass under the popular EmiCool brand name.
“EmiCool is one of our largest selling brands, and has been much in demand globally owing to its high performance and superior energy efficiency,” said Yazbeck. “Available in a variety of models to suit diverse customer requirements, EmiCool is designed to perform optimally in heating-dominated as well as cooling-dominated climates, keeping the heat in, or out, as required.”
Emirates Glass is one of the leading processors of architectural flat glass in the Middle East, exporting products to 18 countries around the world. Based in the UAE, the company offers the widest variety of high-performance solar control, low-emissivity coated glass products available on the market today. Emirates Glass’ high-performance coated glass products provide building owners, architects and consultants a wide range of thermal performance and aesthetic expression from which to choose.
In a recent survey, Emirates Glass was ranked among the 50 most influential construction suppliers in the GCC region.
- State of the Arab World Economy report 2016: diversify, tax, slash subsidies
- Arab investors won't dump the Trump despite anti-Muslim remarks
- UAE economy minister projects high growth despite oil prices
- UAE can set the pace for innovation in the Middle East: IBM vice president
- Business community welcomes UAE's deficit-free budget
- glass llc subsidiaries secure deal with emirates float glass for 20% of its total glass production worth over aed20 million annually
- Emirates Float Glass becomes Middle East’s first glass company to receive CE Mark certification
- UAE Minister of Economy inaugurates new glass coating line at Emirates Glass
- Groundbreaking ceremony held for Emirates Float Glass’ second production facility
- Emirates Glass to supply Doha City Centre phase II and III hotel towers with 83,000 sq. metres of glass