Emirates Post joints Western Union’s money transfer network
First Data Corporation, an international electronic commerce and payment services provider, announced that its Western Union Financial Services subsidiary has signed an agreement with the United Arab Emirates (UAE) General Postal Authority.
Under the agreement, in July 2002, the Emirates Post will begin offering Western Union Money Transfer services in 15 pilot locations throughout the UAE. The companies anticipate expanding to the remaining 55 Emirates Post locations in early 2003.
The agreement significantly expands Western Union's presence throughout the UAE to 184 agent locations, increasing the total number of Western Union agent locations in the Middle East and South Asia (MESA) region to more than 6,100 locations.
Western Union's network of international Post Offices currently includes agreements with nearly 70 postal organizations, including India Post, China Post, La Poste in France and Deutsche Post in Germany.
Established in 1851, Western Union provides consumer money transfer services, through a total of 124,000 Agent locations in more than 185 countries and territories. Headquartered in Denver, First Data Corp serves 2.8 million merchant locations, 1,400 card issuers and millions of consumers. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- UAE: Western Union launches domestic money transfer service
- Western Union Financial Services to reduce fees for UAE customers
- Saudi Arabia: Western Union announces strategic relationship with Bank Al Bilad
- Emirates Post and Somal Post sign agreement to establish money transfer and mail services
- NBK contracts First data’s transaction processor