Saudi Energy 2014 kicks off at critical time
Saudi Energy 2014 – the International Trade Exhibition for Electricity, Power Generation, Alternative Energy, Water Technology and Lighting – is set to open Monday (May 26) at the Riyadh International Convention and Exhibition Center (RIEC) hosting 314 exhibitors from 28 countries including a number of national pavilions.
Held under the patronage of the Ministry of Water and Electricity and organized by Riyadh Exhibitions Company and Informa Exhibitions, the event will run until May 28 to present a comprehensive update on the energy sector development, prospects, technologies and products.
Saudi Energy 2014 will serve as an ideal platform for energy professionals, government officials, investors and both local and regional buyers to showcase the latest trends and cutting-edge products, equipment, solutions and services in the power industry. It further aids specialized national businesses to achieve greater progress through broader exposure to the latest offerings and technologies in the related fields, and also offer the opportunity for companies across the globe to generate business and networking opportunities as well as promote their latest technological creations and innovations. The comprehensive event is also expected to cover all aspects of the industry, namely electricity generation and distribution; alternative and renewable energy technologies; modern lighting products and technologies; and water and water resources management technologies.
Fahad Al Athel, Deputy General Manager, Riyadh Exhibitions Company, said: “Energy demand has been witnessing rapid growth in Saudi Arabia, fueled by several changing factors like the increasing population and per capita income, in addition to the highly energy consuming products available within the market.
Saudi Energy brings together the latest and best products and technologies being offered by industry leaders worldwide to assist in addressing the industry challenges and reducing power consumption and wastage. Increasing foreign interest and participation at the premier event further stresses the highly attractive position of the lucrative Saudi market.”
Saudi Energy 2014 is set to surpass the success of the 2013 edition that gathered 7,564 visitors.
Successful past editions have gathered professionals from government agencies, power production companies, factory operators, construction and development companies, service providers, large industrial establishments, and distributors and retailers.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts
- Gulf Nuclear Energy Infrastructure Institute class of 2012 kicks off today with 20 students from the GCC
- Saudi Film Festival kicks off for second time on February 20
- Water, Energy and Environment Exhibition 2011 kicks off tomorrow
- 2014 HBMSU Congress kicks off with high-level regional and global participation
- Wilders surely won't be impressed: Dutch museum purchases Saudi Art