EREC awards 4 project management contracts for construction of government buildings
Emirates Real Estate Corporation (EREC) has awarded project management contracts for the design and construction of four new government buildings.The buildings will house the Ministries of Electricity and Water, Justice and Islamic Affairs, Agriculture and Fisheries and the General Secretariat for the Federal National Council in Dubai.
The first project, that will house the ministry of Electricity and Water as well as other governmental institutions in Dubai, consists of five floors and an estimated built-up area of 9,000 square meters.
The second project, which will house the Ministry of Justice and Islamic Affairs, will have a built-up area of 8,325 square meters. The third house for the General Secretariat of the Federal National Council will be constructed on a 5,946 square meters plot of land. The fourth project, which will house the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries respectively, will comprise five floors built-up area of 7,720 square meters.
EREC is currently in the process of finalizing a project for the Ministry of Education and the Educational Zone in Dubai which in preparation for its hand-over. This is considered one of the earlier projects, and is expected to be open early next month. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Yemeni to get prepaid electricity meters
- Emirates Real Estate Board approves 2004 budget
- Construction of UAE foreign ministry building moves ahead
- UAE: $1.25 trillion, the combined value of projects under construction
- DOHALAND awards construction contract to consortium of Hyundai Engineering & Construction Co. Ltd and HBK Contracting Co WLL