Erga group to develop Bahrain Spa&Resort project
An international consortium of consultants led by Lebanon-based Erga Group has been appointed to develop and implement the master plan and urban planning for the $750 million Al Areen Desert Spa & Resort project Bahrain.
The announcement was made during a master plan unveiling ceremony-cum-Press conference addressed by Shaikh Ahmed bin Ali, Chairman of the Board of Al Areen Desert Spa & Resort Holding Company and the Vice-Chairman Esam Janahi.
“The project is on fast implementation track and the unveiling of the master plan and appointment of Erga Group will accelerate the work on the physical infrastructure of the project,” Esam Janahi said, cited by The Bahrain Tribune.
“We are expecting that the first phase of the project will be completed within 12 to 18 months,” Janahi said, adding that the investment size of the project will be easily covered by the project’s holding company.
Speaking about the appointment of operators for the Spa he said at least ten names of global fame were being considered to run the Spa.
“This is not a property but Al Areen Desert Spa & Resort is a destination. The project is vivid example of the Government of Bahrain’s strategic drive to promote family and health tourism in the Kingdom,” Janahi said.
- Bahrain government and GFH form holding company for Al-Areen Desert Spa and Resort
- Bahrain: Minister inspects Al Areen Desert Spa and Resort project
- Bahrain: Al Areen Desert Spa & Resort phase I construction starts for oasis spa; client relations centre opens
- Al Areen Downtown component declared
- KIC to invest $47 million in Bahrain's Al-Areen Desert Spa & Resort