Ericsson to power Vodafone in Egypt
Ericsson has been selected by Vodafone Egypt to deliver and install turnkey GPRS, MMS, and instant messaging solutions to power its Vodafone live services.
MMS offers an increase in mobile-to-mobile and mobile-to-e-mail messaging capabilities by enabling color pictures, animations, audio and video clips to be sent along with text, such as electronic postcards, animated cartoons and multimedia presentations.
Vodafone Egypt initially launched mobile services in 1998 and has secured a customer base of over two million subscribers. Ericsson has 47 commercial MMS agreements and more than 90 trials at customer sites and through Mobility World. It has 40 percent of all MMS contracts with over 50 percent of subscribers worldwide. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Vodafone selects Ericsson to bring the latest technology to its Radio Network
- Ericsson HSDPA powers Vodafone UK's 3G broadband
- Ericsson deploys flexible data charging for Vodafone Egypt
- Vodafone Egypt’s subscriber base up 31 percent to 2.26 million
- Ericsson holds its first Cloud and IP summit in Egypt aiming at improving operator performance in the country