ETA Electric company to build Jebel Ali power plant project
Dubai Electricity and Water Authority's (Dewa) 'L' station in Jebel Ali will be built by ETA Electric Company LLC, Abu Dhabi. This project was awarded by Toshiba Plant Systems and Services Corporation (TPSC), Japan and the signing ceremony took place Saturday at the Toshiba office at Sheikh Zayed Road.
According to WAM, the contract was signed between Tetsuo Fujita, senior manager (Procurement division) TPSC and Hameed Salahuddin, director of ETA Electric company in the presence of senior officials from both the company.
The power plant project will cost some $25 million and will be completed within 12 months. The station will be commissioned in 2005 and will produce 750 MW of electricity for Dubai. The 750 MW CCPP (Combine Cycle Power Plant) will be a gas-based power plant and will combine three gas turbines, two steam turbines, three steam recovery gas generators and two auxillary boilers for generating electricity. (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- USD$ 325 Million Syndicated Financing Facility between Hyundai Engineering & Construction Co. and Arab Bank plc for Jebel Ali Power Plant Project
- DUBAL’s Board of Directors visits unique steam absorption chiller installation at Jebel Ali site
- Dubai to upgrade power station in Jebel Ali
- GE Steam Turbines to Boost Output, Efficiency of Saudi Electricity Company’s Qurayyah Power Plant
- Jebel Ali power station roof collapses