Another Expo win: Etihad, Alitalia named official Expo 2015 carriers
Etihad Airways and Italy’s Alitalia have been named as the Official Global Airline Carriers for Expo 2015 in Milan.
The Universal Exposition will be held from May 1 to October 31, 2015.
An estimated 20 million visitors are expected to attend Expo 2015, of which 7.6 million will travel to Milan by air, the two airlines said in a joint statement.
The new partnership comes as Etihad is expected to take a 49 per cent stake in the Italian carrier after the two signalled that principal terms had been agreed.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts
- Alitalia and Etihad Airways support Expo Milano 2015 ‘Made of Italians’ program
- Etihad Airways and Alitalia unveil two Expo Milano 2015 aircraft to take message around the world
- Rome services the ‘next step in a burgeoning relationship with Italy’ says Etihad Airways PCEO
- Alitalia and Etihad Airways finalise €1,758 million investment deal to build a reinvigorated Alitalia as a competitive, sustainably profitable business