Another Expo win: Etihad, Alitalia named official Expo 2015 carriers
Etihad Airways and Italy’s Alitalia have been named as the Official Global Airline Carriers for Expo 2015 in Milan.
The Universal Exposition will be held from May 1 to October 31, 2015.
An estimated 20 million visitors are expected to attend Expo 2015, of which 7.6 million will travel to Milan by air, the two airlines said in a joint statement.
The new partnership comes as Etihad is expected to take a 49 per cent stake in the Italian carrier after the two signalled that principal terms had been agreed.
- etihad official carrier for travel and meetings expo
- Alitalia and Etihad Airways commemorate opening of joint pavilion at Expo Milano 2015
- Alitalia and Etihad Airways support Expo Milano 2015 ‘Made of Italians’ program
- 100,000th visitor welcomed at joint Etihad Airways & Alitalia Expo Pavilion
- Etihad Airways and Alitalia unveil two Expo Milano 2015 aircraft to take message around the world