Etihad airways: first butlers in the sky, now tailor-made holidays
Etihad Holidays, a division of Etihad Airways, has launched a new website providing UAE guests with a one-stop-shop that enables them to search, create, and book tailor-made holidays at any time of the day.
The new website, accessed via etihad.com, offers dynamically packaged holidays at exceptional rates with many of the world’s leading hotel brands and also includes an extensive range of tours, excursions, family attractions, safaris, car hire, all using the Etihad Airways and partner airline flight network.
Among the new innovations the website offers is the ability to save a packaged holiday quotation under a quick profile, which can be shared with family and friends by e-mail. The saved itinerary can then be retrieved later on, changed and updated, or booked immediately.
Bookings are made safely by a credit card through Etihad Airways’ secure online payment system.
Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways’ chief commercial officer, said: “We are delighted to launch this innovative Etihad Holidays website for guests in our home market, offering a seamless experience for creating, organizing and booking holidays.”
He said: “The online website, the first of its kind in the UAE, will soon be available in other markets across the Etihad Airways network to drive tourism into the UAE and across our fast expanding global network, following the successful launch of Etihad Holidays in the UK and Germany.”
The first website booking has also been made by Abu Dhabi resident, David Irving, who received a AED500 ($136) Etihad Holidays voucher to mark the occasion.
Irving said: “The Etihad Holidays website is very fast and easy to use and my entire package selections and booking were made in less than 10 minutes. It was a great experience and I’m now looking forward to my holiday in Phuket.”
As a further benefit, guests booking holidays via the new website can earn Etihad Guest Miles both for the flights in addition to the overall package value as they choose from the entire selection of services within the annual Etihad Holidays program featuring 128 destinations in 44 countries.
Guests can also discuss all aspects of their holiday itinerary, as well as complete the booking, by telephoning the toll-free Etihad Contact Center or visiting an Etihad Shop in malls in Abu Dhabi or the Etihad Travel Mall in Dubai.
- New reports tells us all there is to know about salary increases in the GCC
- Misrata: Libya's 'entrepreneurial phoenix'?
- 'Dreams for Sale': an inside look into the domestic worker life in Lebanon
- A thriving black market: the lucrative business of runaway maids
- Going big (and small): 2015's hottest cars and trucks
- Start spreading the news, Etihad is leaving today: New York flights doubling in 2014!
- Etihad Airways partners with Google to make flight search easier
- Europe remains number one summer destination for Middle East travellers
- UAE's Etihad soars to top, clinches "World's Leading Airline" title for fifth year in a row
- UAE: Over 100% Increase in Sales of British Airways’ holidays packages