Etihad Airways named 'Airline of the Year' at Aviation 100 Awards
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has clinched top honours at the 2015 Aviation 100 Awards.
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has clinched top honours at the 2015 Aviation 100 Awards, organised by Airline Economics magazine.
The prestigious awards are voted for by the industry and recognise outstanding achievement in the aerospace sector, with Etihad Airways claiming the coveted ‘Airline of the Year’ title.
The awards follow a milestone year, which saw the national flag carrier quantum leap its level of growth, innovation and service. In 2014 the airline launched 10 new routes including three in North America, and injected significant investment into new equity partnerships.
Last year, Etihad Airways also revealed a brand new look with new livery, uniforms and onboard offerings, with its first-of-kind ‘Residence by Etihad’™ concept changing the face of luxury commercial air travel. The Aviation 100 awards join a growing list of acclaimed international accolades won by Etihad Airways – testament to the airline’s unprecedented scale of achievement since launching in 2003.
James Hogan, President and Chief Executive Officer of Etihad Airways said: “We are immensely proud that the achievements we made in 2014 have been recognised by our peers in the industry. These awards remind us of the significant progress the airline has made in such a short space of time.
“A pivotal year in the history of the airline, 2014 saw us spearhead new opportunities for the industry. We are looking forward to future accomplishments in 2015 and beyond as we continue to grow, with support of our employees, our equity partners and the industry.”
Philip Tozer-Pennington, Managing Editor of Airline Economics, said: “The Aviation 100 Awards are the airline industry’s largest votes-based awards with over 11,000 professionals voting over a period from October 2014 to January 2015. In the case of the Airline of the Year Award, votes from banks, lessors, investors, law firms, analysts, manufacturers and airline senior executives decide which airline team has been best-in-class during 2014.
“The Airline of the Year vote recognises performance in fleet and financial management and execution of business plan - which in the case of Etihad Airways also takes into account its amazing ability to expand at very little cost into key markets across the globe in 2014.”
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- So cool it's hot: Saudi Arabia's $3.2B HVACR market driven by construction boom
- US, EU protectionist policies may be a blessing in disguise for GCC suppliers
- Dubai to Doha: How far can you stretch your dirham?
- OPEC's poor history of compliance will make production cut deal a challenge
- Etihad wins Airline of the Year award
- Etihad Airways scores hat-trick at the Aviation Business Awards 2014
- Etihad Airways named ‘employer of the year’ at Middle East HR excellence awards 2014
- Etihad Airways named Airline of the Year at Arabian Business Awards
- Etihad Airways named best long-haul airline at Belgian Travel Magazine Awards