UAE's Etihad mulls equity stake in Serbia's JAT Airways
Etihad Airways said on Monday it had signed an initial agreement with the Serbian government over a possible equity investment in the country's loss-making JAT Airways.
No value for the deal nor how much of a stake Etihad would take in the carrier was given in the statement, which said the purchase would be subject to a due diligence process and regulatory approvals.
A Serbian government official said in April that it was meeting officials from Etihad about selling the Abu Dhabi-based carrier a 49 percent stake in JAT Airways.
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis