Etihad signs five-year IT contract with Lufthansa Systems
Abu Dhabi-based airline Etihad has adopted Lufthansa Systems' MultiHost IT package to automate its core ticketing, flight data load, and inventory processes.
The airline has signed a five-year contract with Lufthansa Systems and will be the first in the UAE to use Multi-Host, according to a press release.
Lufthansa Systems is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Lufthansa Group. As systems integrator, it covers the entire range of IT services, including consulting, development, implementation and operation.
Abu Dhabi-based Etihad has implemented Lufthansa Systems' MultiHost package on a modular basis, using specific components to create a system tailored to the airline's specific needs. MultiHost's "pay for what you use" principle enables Etihad to integrate additional modules as the airline's business grows.
Etihad began operations in November with two leased Airbus A330-200. It currently provides thrice-weekly services from Abu Dhabi to Beirut, Damascus, and Amman and plans to expand rapidly in 2004. New Middle East destinations will be added followed by services to the Indian sub-continent, the Far East, and the UK. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Injazat Data Systems signs Global Desktop Management contract with Etihad Airways
- Kompany signs new five-year deal with Man City
- Etihad Signs Up to Jeppesen Flight Operations System
- Silva signs new five-year Man City deal
- abu dhabi aircraft technologies and etihad airways in us $500 million five-year mro pact