Big like. Etihad unveils new social media campaign
Etihad Airways rolled out its latest social media initiative earlier this month offering travel tips to Facebook and Twitter users through the #EtihadSuggests hashtag.
The campaign had a soft launch at the start of the month with the airline using the hashtag to tweet personalised and tailored travel information to users since April 3. It announced the initiative in a press statement on Tuesday, inviting social media users to ask the airline for holiday- related questions.
The campaign will operate 24 hours a day, seven days week with the airline ambitiously stating that it will aim to respond to questions within 10 minutes.
Etihad has more than 65,000 followers on Twitter and 729,000 ‘likes’ on Facebook.
“Our social media channels have attracted a fast-growing community of followers across the world, who have always responded favourably to the travel-related hints and tips we have posted in the past,” stated Peter Baumgartner, Chief Commercial Officer at Etihad Airways.
- UAE's Etihad soars to top, clinches "World's Leading Airline" title for fifth year in a row
- Etihad Airways partners with Google to make flight search easier
- ETIHAD AIRWAYS TO UNVEIL EXCITING NEW DEVELOPMENTS AT ARABIAN TRAVEL MARKET 2005
- Causing a Twitter storm in the Middle East
- True competitiveness? Etihad airlines offers in-flight streaming options for World Cup games