Big like. Etihad unveils new social media campaign
Etihad Airways rolled out its latest social media initiative earlier this month offering travel tips to Facebook and Twitter users through the #EtihadSuggests hashtag.
The campaign had a soft launch at the start of the month with the airline using the hashtag to tweet personalised and tailored travel information to users since April 3. It announced the initiative in a press statement on Tuesday, inviting social media users to ask the airline for holiday- related questions.
The campaign will operate 24 hours a day, seven days week with the airline ambitiously stating that it will aim to respond to questions within 10 minutes.
Etihad has more than 65,000 followers on Twitter and 729,000 ‘likes’ on Facebook.
“Our social media channels have attracted a fast-growing community of followers across the world, who have always responded favourably to the travel-related hints and tips we have posted in the past,” stated Peter Baumgartner, Chief Commercial Officer at Etihad Airways.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts
- Etihad Airways’ A380, B787 and new uniform launch campaign proves huge success on social media
- Nicole Kidman new face of Etihad airways
- Facebook marketing boom drives demand for social-media ad tools
- Hyundai UAE launches a Social Media Campaign on Facebook
- Akhtaboot announces the launch of its Twitter Campaign 2014 “#AskAkhtaboot”