Etihad's debut A380 Residence flight receives 'overwhelming' response in US
The booking for the airline’s ultra-luxurious and private three-room suite in the sky came just hours after the carrier announced the upcoming launch of new Airbus A380 service for guests travelling on the popular route,
UAE national carrier Etihad Airways said it has received an overwhelming reponse for the airline’s inaugural flight from New York’s John F. Kennedy (JFK) International Airport to its hub Abu Dhabi in The Residence by Etihad.
The booking for the airline’s ultra-luxurious and private three-room suite in the sky came just hours after the carrier announced the upcoming launch of new Airbus A380 service for guests travelling on the popular route, beginning December 1, 2015, said a statement from Etihad.
The double daily service schedule between Abu Dhabi and New York-JFK will operate as follows:
Flight No EY103 will leave Abu Dhabi at 2.55am and reach New York (JFK) at 8.40am, while on return flight EY102 will depart New York (JFK) at 3pm and arrive in Abu Dhabi at 12:30pm (the next day). The other service EY 101 will take off from Abu Dhabi (AUH) at 10.20am and land in New York (JFK) at 4.05pm and on return flight EY100 will leave New York (JFK) at 9:55pm and reach Abu Dhabi at 7.25pm.
Peter Baumgartner, the chief commercial officer, said: "New York was Etihad’s first US destination and is an important market for our airline. Since the launch of our inaugural service in 2006, we have been extremely pleased with the reception and support we have received from US consumers and the business community for the world class product, hospitality and destination offerings we provide."
"In fact, Etihad planes now operate with 85 per cent average load factors between the US and Abu Dhabi, a clear reinforcement of the high demand that exists among US consumers," noted Baumgartner.
That high demand was further reinforced with the booking of The Residence by Etihad on our inaugural A380 flight between JFK and Abu Dhabi just hours after we announced its availability, he added.
The Residence by Etihad, which marks a first in commercial aviation, is exclusively available on the airline's A380 aircraft. The tickets for The Residence on JFK-Abu Dhabi sector can be purchased for $32,000 one way which includes one or two guests.
"We look forward to welcoming guests travelling with us on board the A380, beginning December 1 and remain committed to offering customers traveling on Etihad Airways between the six markets we serve within the US and Abu Dhabi the very best hospitality experience available – across every class of service," he added.
Etihad said it was the only commercial carrier to provide service for consumers travelling between US cities including Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Los Angeles, New York- JFK, San Francisco and Washington, DC and Abu Dhabi.
Through Etihad Airways’ hub in Abu Dhabi, the airline connects the fastest growing regions of the world - the Middle East, South Asia and Africa - with each other, the United States and Europe
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- So cool it's hot: Saudi Arabia's $3.2B HVACR market driven by construction boom
- US, EU protectionist policies may be a blessing in disguise for GCC suppliers
- Dubai to Doha: How far can you stretch your dirham?
- OPEC's poor history of compliance will make production cut deal a challenge
- Etihad Airways’ Airbus A380, featuring the residence by etihad, to take flight between new york and abu dhabi
- Etihad Airways Airbus A380 set for maiden flight to London Heathrow
- Abu Dhabi development launch receives overwhelming response
- Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank Credit Card holders can now receive a 10 per cent discount on Etihad Airways flights
- Etihad Airways announces additional A380 service to New York’s JFK airport in response to strong passenger demand, beginning June 2017