Top UAE Telecom signs multi-currency deal to fund Maroc Telecom acquisition
Etisalat, the leading telecommunications operator in the UAE, said it has signed a multi-currency club deal worth 3.15 billion euros ($4.35 billion) with a group of seventeen international, regional and local banks.
The move is aimed at funding the acquisition of the Vivendi’s 53 per cent stake in Maroc Telecom, said Etisalat in a statement.
Financing consists of two facilities which can be utilized in euros and/or US dollars. Tranche A is a 12 months bridge loan amounting to 2.1 billion euros at a price of Euribor plus 45 basis points for the first six months increasing by 15 basis points in each of the following three months, the statement said.
Tranche B is a three-years bullet term loan amounting to 1.05 billion euros at a price of Euribor plus 87 basis point.
Utilization of funds under the two facilities will take place at the closing of the transaction with Vivendi, the statement added.
- NBK Group and VIVA sign a multi-currency financing agreement of USD 270 million
- GCC Investment Strategy and Sectors Outlook for 2006
- Megasoft Ltd. strengthens its telecom and back office infrastructure with amalgamation of VisualSoft Technologies with an all stock deal
- Vivendi places a high stake in Maroc Telecom
- GCC markets under selling pressure in Feb-06.