Taking over: Etisalat completes 53% purchase of Maroc Telecom
Etisalat has completed its purchase of a 53 per cent stake in Maroc Telecom from Paris-listed Vivendi for €4.14 billion euros (Dh20.9 billion, Dh5.67 billion), the UAE operator said in a statement on Wednesday.
Etisalat has bought into Maroc Telecom through a separate legal entity, Etisalat International North Africa (EINA). Etisalat owns 91.3 per cent of EINA, with Abu Dhabi Fund for Development holding the remainder.
The latter is an Abu Dhabi government-owned institution that provides concessionary loans and grants for projects in other countries, according to its website. Earlier this month, Etisalat said it expected to close the deal on May 14.
- Blackberries officially gone: Meet the UAE's top 10 smartphones
- No plastic! Why Samsung got 'a lot right' when it comes to the new S6
- Microsoft exec: Lebanon needs wider broadband
- One more reason to hate it: feelings of envy on Facebook lead to depression
- A healthy innovation: how Apple's new healthcare app is slowly taking over hospitals