Taking over: Etisalat completes 53% purchase of Maroc Telecom
Etisalat has completed its purchase of a 53 per cent stake in Maroc Telecom from Paris-listed Vivendi for €4.14 billion euros (Dh20.9 billion, Dh5.67 billion), the UAE operator said in a statement on Wednesday.
Etisalat has bought into Maroc Telecom through a separate legal entity, Etisalat International North Africa (EINA). Etisalat owns 91.3 per cent of EINA, with Abu Dhabi Fund for Development holding the remainder.
The latter is an Abu Dhabi government-owned institution that provides concessionary loans and grants for projects in other countries, according to its website. Earlier this month, Etisalat said it expected to close the deal on May 14.
- Good luck blockading that: In Gaza, an IT company has Google-sized aspirations
- Can television survive amid digital challenge?
- The notorious industry: comparing foreign vs. local tobacco brands on the Arab street
- Dubai 360 launches the world’s largest online interactive city tour
- What's more common in the UAE- Nokia or the iPhone 5s? Make a second guess!