Taking over: Etisalat completes 53% purchase of Maroc Telecom
Etisalat has completed its purchase of a 53 per cent stake in Maroc Telecom from Paris-listed Vivendi for €4.14 billion euros (Dh20.9 billion, Dh5.67 billion), the UAE operator said in a statement on Wednesday.
Etisalat has bought into Maroc Telecom through a separate legal entity, Etisalat International North Africa (EINA). Etisalat owns 91.3 per cent of EINA, with Abu Dhabi Fund for Development holding the remainder.
The latter is an Abu Dhabi government-owned institution that provides concessionary loans and grants for projects in other countries, according to its website. Earlier this month, Etisalat said it expected to close the deal on May 14.
- Etisalat takes over majority stake of Marc Telecom from French conglomerate
- Top UAE Telecom signs multi-currency deal to fund Maroc Telecom acquisition
- Morocco, Vivendi Universal seal Maroc Telecom acquisition deal
- Etisalat completes 26% purchase of PTCL
- Vivendi's acquisition of majority stake in Maroc Telecom delayed