Taking over: Etisalat completes 53% purchase of Maroc Telecom
Etisalat has completed its purchase of a 53 per cent stake in Maroc Telecom from Paris-listed Vivendi for €4.14 billion euros (Dh20.9 billion, Dh5.67 billion), the UAE operator said in a statement on Wednesday.
Etisalat has bought into Maroc Telecom through a separate legal entity, Etisalat International North Africa (EINA). Etisalat owns 91.3 per cent of EINA, with Abu Dhabi Fund for Development holding the remainder.
The latter is an Abu Dhabi government-owned institution that provides concessionary loans and grants for projects in other countries, according to its website. Earlier this month, Etisalat said it expected to close the deal on May 14.
- Samsung Electronics Levant holds the prescreening for Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Samsung S6, S6 Edge receive warm welcome in Saudi Arabia
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Eclipsing Facebook and Twitter: WhatsApp most popular social media site for Arabs
- More technology, less fashion: Why fashionistas haven't exactly fallen for Apple's smartwatch