Etisalat "losing credit" among UAE customers with zero balance calling cards
Etisalat customers are complaining that several pre-paid cards they bought in Abu Dhabi had zero credit.
Rawan R, a Palestinian lawyer, said she bought two cards last month and lost all her money.
"I bought a calling card from a grocery for Dh25. And when I tried to dial a number it said there is no credit and I could not make calls," Riyad told XPRESS. She said the grocery refused to reimburse or replace the pre-paid calling card because she had already opened the sealed pack.
"The shopkeeper flatly refused to give my money back saying I have already opened the sealed pack. He said it was not his responsibility if the card did not have a balance," said Riyad.
The lawyer said she got even more furious when she was sold another Dh25 card with zero balance the following week. "The second card was bought from another shop, and I had the same experience. I lost all my money," she said.
Nancy Basil, 26, a Filipino restaurant staff; Saji Thomas, 38, Indian sales executive, and Feroz Mohammed, 34, an Indian technician, all told XPRESS they lost money buying etisalat's calling cards.
"Thomas and Mohammad said the faulty cards they bought for Dh25 were from Abu Dhabi co-op on Electra Street.
However, some groceries said it is rare and one in 1,000 cards sold may be defective. "We sell hundreds of cards every month, but this has happened twice or thrice," said Ummar K., who runs a grocery shop in the Tourist Club area.
A comment was not immediately available from Etisalat.
- Samsung Electronics Levant holds the prescreening for Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Samsung S6, S6 Edge receive warm welcome in Saudi Arabia
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Eclipsing Facebook and Twitter: WhatsApp most popular social media site for Arabs
- More technology, less fashion: Why fashionistas haven't exactly fallen for Apple's smartwatch
- first gulf bank launches platinum credit card new card aimed at uae’s upwardly mobile
- Etisalat offers replacement SIM cards online and at customer's doorstep
- Etisalat Launches the first Multi-Usage Micro SIM Card Compatible with Apple iPad 3G
- ‘Recharge Wasel while Roaming’ with Etisalat and reach out more while travelling