Etisalat hosts agreement signing for SMW4 submarine cable
Representatives from The Emirates Telecommunication Corporation (Etisalat) hosted an agreement signing for the SMW4 submarine cable that will stretch approximately 20,000 kilometers between Singapore and France.
Some 16 international telecommunications companies, including Etisalat, sealed the consortium deal to forge an ultra-fast, submarine communications link that will transform data connectivity between the Eastern and Western worlds.
Etisalat hosted signatory partners from the following countries where the SMW4 cable will land; Singapore, Malaysia, Algeria, Thailand, Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Italy, Tunisia and France.
The SMW4 cable meets the increasing demand for high capacity broadband data links that are essential in today's high-speed world of connectivity and online business, made possible through its Terabit per second capacity. Scheduled for completion in the third quarter 2005, the SMW4 project has been planned and negotiated over a one and a half year period. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Alcatel wins a share of the Sea-Me-We 4 submarine optical network project
- Etisalat, Iraq Telecom and STC come together for FOG2 submarine cable
- Omantel inks new 8,000km submarine cable agreement
- E-marine installs submarine cable linking Qatar to the UAE
- TIC, Gulf Bridge International Agree to land GBI's submarine cable in Iran