Euro-Zone Overnight Rates Creep Higher
Eur-Zone overnight rates are creeping higher again as yesterday's EUR 70 bln one day tender expires without sign that the ECB is offering additional funds above the generous allocation in yesterday's 7-day tender. The interbank overnight rate is currently at 4.400%, far above the 4.25% minimum bid rate and up from an average overnight rate (EONIA) of 4.2160% yesterday. One week Euribor was fixed at 4.50% today, up from 4.49% yesterday. One month Euribor was fixed today at 4.539%, up from 4.533% yesterday.
- ECB Allots $40B in Three-Day Tender, Euro-Dollar (EURUSD) Gives Back Overnight Gains
- Euro-Zone Unemployment Rises to 7.5%, Euro-Dollar (EURUSD) Bounces Higher
- Higher Euro Zone Inflation Unlikely to Signal Recession is Abating (Euro Open)
- ECB Raises One-Day Tender to EUR 70B
- US Dollar Lower as Stocks Rally in Asia, Higher CPI Not Good News for Euro Zone