Expansion project to start at Bahrain's Arabian Gulf University
Work on a multi-million dinar expansion at Bahrain's Arabian Gulf University (AGU) could start in the next two months, it was revealed Wednesday. According to GDN>, President Dr Rafia Ghubash said the expansion includes premises for the university's College of Postgraduate Studies and the Princess Al Jawhara Centre for Molecular Medicine, Genetics and Inherited Diseases.
The new premises will be built on land adjacent to the nearby Joslin Diabetes Centre.
The centre is expected to be built first. It will include a main hall, which will be used by the whole university, and three storeys containing specialised labs. A contractor has yet to be appointed.
- Construction on $15.5 billion railway linking 6 Gulf countries to start next year
- University of Dubai starts work on new premises
- VCUQatar hosts Gathering the Tide: An Anthology of Contemporary Arabian Gulf Poetry Book Launch Event
- Arabian Business Awards 2005: Gulf Finance House Wins Financial Institution of the Year Award Presented by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
- Arabian Gulf Mechanical Centre