Experts-GCC counties should acquire more assets abroad
"GCC governments can and should do several things with current windfall revenues and surplus liquidity in order to mitigate the risks of future oil price shocks,” said a representative of the Dubai-based Gulf Research Centre (GRC), according to <i>Gulf News Daily</i>.
"Apart from investing in infrastructure and human capital and moving into the value-added downstream energy industries, the GCC should concentrate on acquiring overseas assets," he added.
The recommendation was made despite recent setbacks to such moves including the DP World case in the United States.
- Expert: Gulf economies should be seen as asset based, not oil based
- Global Investment House – Egypt Economic & Strategic Outlook – Banking Sector
- Dollar is still the currency of choice
- Expert: GCC banks should expand capital base
- Attempting to go mainstream? how Islamic banks are ditching the 'Islam' label in order to go global