Experts recommend that UAE property developers utilize 'green' building
Industry experts have recommended that UAE property developers begin investigating sustainable development and 'green' building options for their real estate development. By doing so, they say, they will be maximizing both economic and environment performance.
“The built environment has a vast impact on the natural environment, affecting human health and economy,” stated Hashim Al Dabal, CEO of Dubai Properties, according to Khaleej Times. Dubai Properties is actively promoting green building strategies in its developments, which include the Jumeirah Beach Residence and Business Bay.
“If developers adopt green building strategies they can not only construct sustainable communities with indoor environmental quality, but can also support the preservation of energy and water resources," Al Dabal added.
"Sustainable development methods can be incorporated into buildings at any stage, including renovation or maintenance. However, the most significant benefits can be obtained if the design and construction teams integrate this approach from the inception stages of a project," he said, pointing out the importance of implementing green design at the planning stages of development for maximized returns.
Five major elements of a green building exist, these are sustainability of the site; conservation and management of energy and water; value added real estate; the type of used and green power generation and solar cell use.
- Green building on the rise as property developers realise the benefits of saving energy
- Bahrain-based property expert promoted
- Green buildings increase property asset value, developers are told at industry conference
- Arabian Construction Week 2011 to address Green Building in Middle East region
- Emirates Green Building Council network event to focus on building envelope performance