Express by Holiday Inn to open at Dubai’s Knowledge Vilage in 2007
Industry sources recently revealed that budget brand hotel, Express by Holiday Inn, of the Inter Continental Hotels Group, will open its doors to clients at Dubai’s Knowledge Village by mid-2007.
The Express by Holiday Inn will be a 244-room hotel, according to Gulf News. Work has already commenced on the hotel, which is being developed by Ishraq Gulf Real Estate Holding Co. The firm is also developing an additional 19 Express by Holiday Inn across the GCC by 2010, save for that in Saudi Arabia. The properties will be operated on behalf of Ishraq by Hospitality Management Services Middle East Ltd (HMS).
"The Express by Holiday Inn brand addresses the regional market need for internationally-branded budget accommodation, providing good quality at affordable prices," said Michel Augier, acting chief operating officer of InterContinental Hotels Group, Middle East and Africa.
"With both business and leisure travelers in mind, all future Express by Holiday Inn hotels will be located close to large commercial and business hubs like Knowledge Village in Dubai or in areas of high traffic flow," Augier said.
Express by Holiday Inn’s expansion in the Middle East reflects the development of tourism in the region which has concentrated on large upscale projects, Augier added.
- The first ‘Express by Holiday Inn’ breaks ground in the UAE
- Express by Holiday Inn hotels to be built in GCC
- Jordan Dubai Capital, Ishraq agree to develop three “Express by Holiday Inn” Hotels in Jordan
- INTERCONTINENTAL HOTELS GROUP’S EXPRESS BY HOLIDAY INN READY TO MAKE MIDDLE EAST DEBUT
- InterContinental Hotels Group signs deal to develop 12 Holiday Inn Express Properties in Saudi Arabia