Facebook and FBI team-up to hunt down hackers
Social networking giant Facebook is working with the FBI to investigate a malware attack, a report has said.
Investigators have not found any evidence that user data was compromised, Facebook said on its website.
The malware infected laptops used by Facebook employees when they visited a mobile developer's website, the company said.
The attack affected other companies, Facebook said, without identifying them, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
It is collaborating on the attack through an informal working group.
The company said it is 'working continuously and closely with own internal engineering teams, with security teams at other companies, and with law enforcement authorities to learn everything we can about the attack, and how to prevent similar incidents'.
- US offers $5 million reward for tips that would help take down Daesh’s oil trade
- Oprah snubs BDS over Israeli diamonds
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- Samsung Electronics Levant holds the prescreening for Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron
- FBI Investigators to Return to Yemen Despite Row; Embassy Reopened
- Saleh: Yemen ‘Will Never Allow’ US Officials to Question Nationals on Cole Attack
- US Web of Investigation Nets 25, Two Material Witnesses Linked to Attacks
- Trend Micro’s latest quarterly threat report signals rapid incident growth in cloud and mobile sectors