Islamic Hijri calendar now available on facebook
Facebook announced the launch of a new feature for birthdays, aimed at people who wish to use the Islamic Hijri calendar.
The new feature is an addition to the Gregorian calendar and will be rolled out first to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, with other markets added soon.
People who use Facebook in Saudi Arabia will be notified about the Hijri calendar option by means of 'amegaphone’, giving more information about the feature and offering the option to add their birthday to the 'about me’ section. The information can be hidden or made visible in accordance with personal preference.
- Talk about abandoning its comfort zone: an inside look into Amazon's 'Fire Phone'
- The Middle East's Silicon Valley? Jordan's booming, yet struggling, gaming industry
- Recognizing potential: MENA cyber-security market crosses $25 billion mark
- Easiest way to get your phone hacked? Own a smart phone
- Syrian entrepreneur develops all encompassing app for refugees to access services