Islamic Hijri calendar now available on facebook
Facebook announced the launch of a new feature for birthdays, aimed at people who wish to use the Islamic Hijri calendar.
The new feature is an addition to the Gregorian calendar and will be rolled out first to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, with other markets added soon.
People who use Facebook in Saudi Arabia will be notified about the Hijri calendar option by means of 'amegaphone’, giving more information about the feature and offering the option to add their birthday to the 'about me’ section. The information can be hidden or made visible in accordance with personal preference.
- From more BBM-ing, to less Facebook-ing: how exactly are people in Qatar using the internet?
- Unnatural troubles: Cyber attacks increased by a billion in 2014
- From the World Cup to the iPhone 6: what are people in the UAE googling the most?
- Mashallah! Online ventures target a tremendous Muslim consumer base
- It's complicated: Iran's 'sinful' relationship with the internet
- Hijri Calendar now Available through Google Calendar
- Would you like an ISIS magazine with your fried chicken? ISIS Al Mustaqbal magazine now available in Indonesia
- Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro now available in Middle East
- XMPie opens new revenue stream for customers by enabling web-to-print, Facebook integration