Islamic Hijri calendar now available on facebook
Facebook announced the launch of a new feature for birthdays, aimed at people who wish to use the Islamic Hijri calendar.
The new feature is an addition to the Gregorian calendar and will be rolled out first to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, with other markets added soon.
People who use Facebook in Saudi Arabia will be notified about the Hijri calendar option by means of 'amegaphone’, giving more information about the feature and offering the option to add their birthday to the 'about me’ section. The information can be hidden or made visible in accordance with personal preference.
- Your way out! Digital innovations in the Middle East that will get you out of a traffic jam
- Why the upcoming Saudi Coms and IT summit will pave the way for business and the future
- The prospects for a global 'right to be forgotten'
- Thinner screen, tougher requirements? Why Apple suppliers are truly struggling to supply enough screens for next month's iphone 6 lauch
- On cloud 'nine' or more like...'seven': the GCC's clouding industry to grow seven-fold by 2020