Rumours has it Facebook is after Waze GPS, in a whopping $1 billion deal
Social media giant Facebook is in talks with GPS mobile app Waze for a deal worth a whopping one billion dollars.
In a report by France24, the app will help Facebook expand its reach to the larger community of drivers by helping them deal with traffic jams and get directions online.
While Facebook refused to comment on the report, if the deal is made it will be second in the history of Facebook's hefty deals. Last year Facebook made a deal with Instagram for 747 million dollars that initially was at one billion dollars, the report said.
The drop in Facebook's shares is considered the prime reason for the dip in its deal prices. (ANI)
- Smart Dubai strategic plan launched
- For the first time official data reveals the Middle East's facebook and twitter trends, expect the unexpected!
- Social media shifts power of communication to people
- 5G: the upcoming network that will allow you to download an HD movie in one second
- What was yesterday's shutdown all about? Security experts raise flag over Whatsapp's 'weaknesses'