Rumours has it Facebook is after Waze GPS, in a whopping $1 billion deal
Social media giant Facebook is in talks with GPS mobile app Waze for a deal worth a whopping one billion dollars.
In a report by France24, the app will help Facebook expand its reach to the larger community of drivers by helping them deal with traffic jams and get directions online.
While Facebook refused to comment on the report, if the deal is made it will be second in the history of Facebook's hefty deals. Last year Facebook made a deal with Instagram for 747 million dollars that initially was at one billion dollars, the report said.
The drop in Facebook's shares is considered the prime reason for the dip in its deal prices. (ANI)
- Blackberries officially gone: Meet the UAE's top 10 smartphones
- No plastic! Why Samsung got 'a lot right' when it comes to the new S6
- Microsoft exec: Lebanon needs wider broadband
- One more reason to hate it: feelings of envy on Facebook lead to depression
- A healthy innovation: how Apple's new healthcare app is slowly taking over hospitals