Rumours has it Facebook is after Waze GPS, in a whopping $1 billion deal
Social media giant Facebook is in talks with GPS mobile app Waze for a deal worth a whopping one billion dollars.
In a report by France24, the app will help Facebook expand its reach to the larger community of drivers by helping them deal with traffic jams and get directions online.
While Facebook refused to comment on the report, if the deal is made it will be second in the history of Facebook's hefty deals. Last year Facebook made a deal with Instagram for 747 million dollars that initially was at one billion dollars, the report said.
The drop in Facebook's shares is considered the prime reason for the dip in its deal prices. (ANI)
- Thinner screen, tougher requirements? Why Apple suppliers are truly struggling to supply enough screens for next month's iphone 6 lauch
- On cloud 'nine' or more like...'seven': the GCC's clouding industry to grow seven-fold by 2020
- A truce on the fight for supremacy: Samsung, Apple declare a cease-fire on patent war
- Why app developers are thriving in the UAE
- Revealed: the $3 trillion threat