First Chanel boutique opens in Jeddah
A first Saudi Chanel boutique recently opened on Al-Tahlya street in Jeddah. The Chanel luxury brand operates only two other boutiques in the Middle East region ― in Kuwait and Dubai, UAE. The store offers up-scale collections of women’s clothing, jewelry, purses and perfumes, according to Al-Hayat.
Saudi cosmetic imports market in currently the largest in the Middle East, in terms of numbers of consumers and their per-capita consumption. It is expected to maintain an annual growth rate of nine percent the next several years.
High incomes, limited local production and increasing exposure to foreign brand names, account for high levels of consumption in the kingdom. The Saudi cosmetics market is traditionally dominated by sales of Chanel and Christian Dior make-up and perfume products. ― (MENA Report)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Harry Winston opens its first Rare Timepieces boutique in the Middle East
- Park Hyatt Jeddah – marina, club and spa now open
- Lagoona scales higher fashionable heights
- Saudi women splurge $3800 yearly on makeup in $16B growth market
- A gem in the middle of the desert: Damas to open first luxury boutique in Saudi Arabia