First fruits for King Hamad's national housing rehabilitation programme
Nine newly-completed houses were handed over to their owners Wednesday by the Bahraini Works and Housing Ministry.
The homes, in East Eker, Nuwaidrat, Kharjiya, Sufala, A'ali and Isa Town, are the first to be built in the Central Municipal Council area under King Hamad's national housing rehabilitation programme, the GDN reported.
Full-scale implementation of the programme started at the end of 2005, with a target of 500 houses to be provided. The programme works in all areas of the kingdom, in cooperation with the five municipal councils and provides new or renovated houses for low-income Bahraini families who own and live in old, dilapidated houses.
- Cityscape Jeddah to unveil prime projects that complement Gateway City’s sustained growth plan
- ETA Star helps build homes for 4000 families as part of its ‘Home for the Homeless’ initiative
- Bahrain's national housing rehabilitation program commenced
- Bahrain: Housing Rehabilitation Programme on track
- Progress reported in Baharin's Housing Rehabilitation Programme