First Gulf Bank selects Temenos’ banking solution
Abu Dhabi’s First Gulf Bank (FGB) has signed up with global software solutions provider, Temenos, to introduce an Information Technology (IT) system aimed at enhancing its product and service offering and leveraging long-term expansion.
Under the agreement, FGB becomes the first United Arab Emirates (UAE) bank to introduce Temenos' GLOBUS, an integrated platform for retail, corporate, treasury and investment banking.
Temenos is a Swiss-based global banking software solution provider, operating in more than 20 countries and having more than 500 implementations. The company provides solutions to top international banks like Deutsche Bank, Bank of England and Barclays Bank, and had $69 million in revenues in 2000.
The core banking solution will go live in end Quarter One of 2003. This investment
will benefit all FGB stakeholders and will support in achieving the bank's objective
in putting the first into banking, according to a company press release. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Bank Sohar, Oman Signs up Intellect GUB - Debt Management Solution From Polaris Software
- Sharjah Islamic Bank leads in technological innovation
- First Gulf Bank Selects SunGard for Integrated Risk Management and Basel II Compliance
- TestManager automated regression testing is core to Al Hilal Bank’s T24 program
- first gulf bank cuts backup time and improves overall data availability with emc information infrastructure solutions