First private Liberal Arts University opens doors in Kuwait
September 2004 will see the start of the first semester of the first, private Liberal Arts University in Kuwait. The new university is comprised of two schools of study: the College of Arts and Sciences and the School of Management.
Established to meet students' need for an American style liberal arts education, without leaving Kuwait, the university will seek to recruit prospective university applicants at the 16th Gulf Education and Training Exhibition (GETX) to be held from April 20 to 23, 2004 at the Dubai International Exhibition Centre.
The College of Arts and Sciences at the American University of Kuwait (AUK) offers Bachelor of Arts courses in media studies and communication studies, international studies and history, sociology and anthropology, languages and literature, and economics. The college also offers a Bachelor of Science course in Computer Science and Information Systems.
The School of Management offers a Bachelor of Management degree program with concentration on any one subject from amongst leadership and change management, human resources, marketing, entrepreneurship, business ethics and law and international business. The medium of instruction is English. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Delta Partners – the regions first top management advisory and investment firm in telecommunications opens its doors in Dubai Internet City
- Oman\'s First Private University to Open in 2004
- NYU Abu Dhabi Opens Doors to Downtown Campus
- NATIONAL BANK OF KUWAIT SIGNS MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING WITH AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF KUWAIT
- First Private University to be Established in Bahrain