First two Starbucks retail locations open in Ankara
Starbucks Coffee International, a wholly owned subsidiary of Starbucks Coffee Company, and its Turkish licensee, Shaya Kahve Sanayi Ve Ticaret A.S., on Saturday celebrated the opening of the first two Starbucks retail locations in Ankara.
The Starbucks stores are located at Arjantin Street and in Armada Shopping Mall, two of the most popular meeting places in the historic city of Ankara.
"Ankara holds a unique place in the history of civilization as well as the heart of modern-day Turkey," said Isik Kececi Asur, general manager, Shaya Kahve Sanayi Ve Ticaret A.S. "We are very proud to bring the Starbucks Experience to our customers in Ankara, which is a natural home for Starbucks. With its existing vibrant coffee culture, I am confident the Starbucks Experience will be an immediate hit with the local coffee community.
"Since opening our first Starbucks store in Istanbul last year, we believe that the Starbucks brand has gained considerable recognition among Turkish consumers," said Asur.
Starbucks opened its first store in Turkey on April 19, 2003, in Istanbul. There are now 12 Starbucks retail locations throughout Istanbul. (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Starbucks DoubleShot Iced Shaken Espresso now available in the UAE
- Starbucks Coffee Company Arrives in Dubai
- Middle East gets new Starbucks ice blended beverage
- Starbucks pulls out of Israeli joint venture
- Bring luxury coffee to your office! Starbucks teams up with MENA businesses to supply coffee to employees