Fluor Named as Program Management Consultant for ADNOC’s Abu Dhabi Gas Project
Fluor Corporation announced today that it was named as Program Management Consultant (PMC) for the Shah Gas Development Project by Abu Dhabi Gas Development Company Ltd., one of Abu Dhabi National Oil Company’s (ADNOC) operating companies. Fluor will perform PMC services for the main process packages of the project and will oversee the overall program. The project is located in Shah, about 220 kilometers southwest of Abu Dhabi city. Fluor booked the $160 million contract value in the second quarter of 2010.
“Due to our successful ongoing business relationship with ADNOC and its operating companies, we have been successfully performing and completing oil and gas projects in Abu Dhabi for more than 35 years,” said Peter Oosterveer, president of Fluor’s Energy & Chemicals Group. “After completing front-end engineering and design services for the Shah Gas Development program, we are pleased to be chosen as the program manager for this important upstream gas project.”
The project will be led by Fluor’s Aliso Viejo, Calif., operations center along with its Abu Dhabi office. The project team will include up to 110 professionals with an expected completion in 2014.
Fluor performed the FEED for the project and is also the licensor for providing sulfur recovery technology, which when completed, is expected to produce 500 million standard cubic-feet-per-day of gas and 10,000 tons-per-day of sulfur. The completed sulfur recovery units are expected to be the largest in the industry.
- How Dubai Expo 2020 can benefit our planet and future generations
- Who will be the biggest losers after Iranian oil floods the market?
- An inside view into Turkey's multibillion dollar deal with Kurdistan that is threatening to break up Iraq
- Do we have more oil refineries than we need?
- The future of the Middle East economy: will energy subsidies' short-term gains outweigh projected inefficiencies?