Guess where Flydubai is heading in September!
Dubai-based airline flydubai will start daily flights to Moscow from September.
It is an interesting move from the low-cost carrier, especially given Emirates will deploy a second daily A380 to Moscow from August. Tickets will go on sale next month.
Russia has been a key market for flydubai during the last four years, with services to Samara, Yekaterinburg, Kazan, Ufa, Krasnodar, Mineralnye Vody, Rostov-on-Don and Volgograd – but flying to the capital marks one of its most high-profile launches to date.
The airline will be targeting premium traffic on the route through its business class which has a pitch of 42 inches, 12.1 inch high-definition touchscreen and dedicated business team available 24/7, as well as budget-conscious leisure travellers.
The route announcement coincides with the Moscow International Travel & Tourism Exhibition, which runs between March 19-22.
By Dominic Ellis
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts