Budget airline flydubai launching direct flights to Mumbai this fall
The low-cost airline will launch direct flights to Mumbai starting October 28 (Image: flydubai)
Dubai-based low-cost carrier flydubai has announced that it launch direct flights to the Indian city of Mumbai from October 28. The airline will operate five flights a week between Dubai International Airport and the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai, it said in a statement.
Round trip fares on economy will start at Dhs925 ($252) , while business class return fares will begin at Dhs2500 ($680).
Ghaith Al Ghaith, CEO of flydubai, said: “India and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) have enjoyed close historic relations and have been dynamic trade partners.
“We are excited to contribute further to additional growth in the travel and trade segments with the launch of our flights to Mumbai. We remain committed to serving the market with affordable and reliable travel options.”
Along with the Mumbai route, the carrier also announced that it will be increasing the frequency of its flights to Delhi to five weekly.
The airline started flights to Delhi, Kochi and Trivandrum in June, following bilateral agreements signed between India and Dubai.
In total, flydubai will now serve seven destinations in India with 25 flights a week.
Sudhir Sreedharan, SVP Commercial (GCC, Subcontinent, Africa) for flydubai, said: “We are pleased to see progress being made this year towards strengthening the trade, travel and tourism links between Dubai and India by adding additional seat capacity between these markets.
“Our recently launched business class is now available on all our new routes to India: Delhi, Kochi, Mumbai and Trivandrum.”
With the addition of Mumbai, flydubai will operate over 1,100 flights per week to 76 destinations across 37 countries with a fleet of 38 aircraft.
© Motivate Publishing. All rights reserved.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- Mumbai touchdown marks flydubai’s 25th weekly flight to India
- EgyptAir to Launch First Sharjah-Mumbai Direct Flight
- Disha Direct launches operations in the UAE
- flydubai scores a hatrick of routes in Egypt with the launch of flights to Assiut
- flydubai launches direct flights to Novosibirsk and Nizhniy Novgorod