Foreign investment essential says Iranian industry ministry
Foreign investment is essential for Iran’s industrial development, said the country’s Industries and Mines Minister Eshaq Jahangir, according to the IRNA news agency.
Speaking to reporters in Tehran, Jahangiri said that investment is a prerequisite for employment. While the state budget is capable of creating 150,000 to 200,000 jobs a year, foreign investment could add about 765,000 jobs are over Iran’s Third Five-Year Economic Development Plan, which will run through 2005, he said.
Iran should be able to attract its own fair share of the amount of capital invested in other countries each year, said Jahangiri , which he said equaled $800 billion. – (MENA Report)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Iran’s investment policy criticized by Japanese delegation
- Iran predicts US$260 billion investment in the gas industry
- Iran plans to open $2 billion in petrochemical contracts to foreign investors
- Majlis approves buyback program for Iranian oil field
- Iranian official: Government fails to implement privatization plan