Four Deutsche Bank Islamic Indexes commence trading on DIFX
The Dubai International Financial Exchange (DIFX) announced that four new Sharia’h compliant financial indexes from Deutsche Bank were admitted to its Official List of traded securities on December 27, 2005 and have commenced trading. This takes the number of financial instruments listed on the exchange to 10, within three months of its launch.
The four new instruments added are: the CROCI (Cash Return on Capital Invested) Islamic Global Certificates - Global Index, the CROCI Islamic USD Certificates - Islamic Europe Index, CROCI Islamic USD Certificates - Islamic US Index and the CROCI Islamic USD Certificates - Islamic Japan Index.
Up to 10,000,000 CROCI Islamic Global Certificates are available to invest in at an issue price of USD 100 per Certificate.
According to Mr. Nasser Al Shaali, Chief Operating Officer, DIFX, “As the DIFX continues to expand we will see increasingly diverse products being offered, covering a wide geography and multiple economic sectors. And with the strong demonstration of support from the regional financial industry, DIFX’s strength as a cash equity market will be evidenced by more initial public offerings in 2006.”
- Merrill Lynch lists new certificates on DIFX trax platform
- Dow Jones indexes and Dubai Financial market to launch Shari’ah-compliant Islamic index for Dubai
- Nakheel lists second Sukuk issue on the DIFX at $750 million
- DIFX signs MoU with Euronext, AtosEuronext, LCH.Clearnet and Euroclear
- DIFX reaches landmark arrangement with Bahrain-Based securities & investment company